Before I start this post, in a zen moment I realize how happy and content I am. How lucky I am that I am totally healthy with no major scares (knock on wood). But the reality- not all moments are zen. And this was written after a day of everything going totally wrong.
Can something this week go right? Please.
1. Our BamBam Crib was delivered!! BUT it's missing holes so we can use it or put it together. We've spent the week talking to Argington and figuring out how they can fix it. The part won't be available until the end of October. So we now have a HUGE box in our living room.
The box wouldn't be that big of a deal, BUT my BFF is coming to stay the night and we can't really move said box, which is taking up our entire space. Awesome.
Now my MIL thinks the crib is unsafe and wants us to return the crib. Ay Caramba.
2. Finally talked to HR about my Maternity leave. They 'aren't sure' if I can use my sick leave (aka almost two months) during Maternity leave. The person to ask is out until October, soooo my great maternity leave might not be so great and I won't know for a couple more weeks. I asked her to look into it, but not so sure that is going to happen.
3. Wine harvest has officially started!! Mr. Spice is now working 12 hours a day/ 6 days a week. SOOOO, I am officially a pregnant Harvest Widow for the next two months. Awesome.
4. Remember my post on Monday, I am exhausted, again.
5. In good news, I passed my Glucose Screening test this week, which is a huge relief. But it also meant that I had to have blood drawn- now I have a high white blood cell count. Waiting for my Doctor to call to tell me what that means? If anything?
Oh, and I've gained 15 lbs. I am only supposed to gain 15-20-25 lbs. Crap.
6. I also now take three vitamins every morning: a. Prenatal. b. B6 for energy and c. A combo: Vitamin D (I am deficient) with Calcium and Magnesium (my calves have been sore, which means my muscles are tired).
7. I am swollen. It could be that we are finally getting some heat over here or that I will be swollen for the next 12 weeks. Either way, I am swollen and feel like I can't drink enough water, which means I pee every other second.
8. My boobs have gotten bigger. AKA a new size that I don't even want to know about.
9. Our cat likes to knock over glasses of water. This morning he knocked over the water onto my only pair of flats. Wearing heels in the heat is no fun.
10. Apparently Labor Classes fill up quickly, and apparently my Doctor or Nurse should have told me this. Now we have to take a class in a couple weeks, which feels too early, or one which is right before my due date. We're going early.
11. I am totally paranoid that no one is coming to my shower- the guest count is at 9 including me.
12. The house that I told you that I loved- well, I've been slightly obsessing over it. Mr. Spice and I agree that the timing is just not right (did I tell you that he's working mad hours right now). Our Realtor told us that someone should be putting an offer on the house today. Good bye house that I love...
No. 10 was my final breaking point to write this post.
Can't something go right? I think it's time for that prenatal massage. Oh wait- the time I was going to go on Saturday- I might have to be home to take care of getting the crib fixed, but I don't know for sure because Argington hasn't called me back.
I am hoping some time with my Mom and BFF this weekend will make me feel better. Can't wait for my fancy lunch and mani/pedi!!
Sorry no pic this week... it's been too crazy.
Happy Weekend to All!!